Teacher: Mrs Hill & Teaching Assistant : Mrs Moore welcome you!
Welcome to Year One!
Year One begins the children’s journey into Key Stage One, so it’s a very important year! We do lots of hands on learning through our inspiring and creative curriculum. We look forward to sharing our new and exciting news with you about all the fantastic things that happen in our Year 1 class.
Year One Curriculum
Our RE curriculum consists of nine topics with the following themes:
- Special People
- Holidays & Holydays
- Being Sorry
As well as covering two other faiths.
Currently working on.
KTC Phonics Phase 2
KTC Phonics Phase 3
Books for Year 1 – our recommendations
- Numenia and the Hurricane by Fiona Halliday.
- Cinnamon by Neil Gaiman.
- I Can Only Draw Worms by Will Mabbitt.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- Goodnight Everyone by Chris Haughton.
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen.
- Peace At Last by Jill Murphy.
- Free eBook library | Oxford Owl from Oxford University Press